Saturday, January 8, 2011

Osprey Hydration pack review


As you know, I used the Osprey packs when I did World 24hr last October and was very impressed. This review is more to do with the Talon 22 pack that I have been using while commuting to work.


Just before Christmas we moved to Bribie Is. and now I have just under a 3 hr commute to work. When you sit on your bike for this long you really learn to appreciate products that are comfy, and in my case carry a fair bit of gear ie: uniforms, lunch and spares. I have to say that I was really impressed with how comfortable the Talon 22 bag is to ride with even packed with lots of gear.
As you can see from the picture they are a pretty cool looking bag. They have two side pockets on the waist straps and a clip on the front of the bag so you can attach your helmet without it flapping around all over the place when you're travelling. It also has heaps of pockets that are great for spares, keys or wallets. I think the one thing that stands out for me more then anything is that the bag follows the contour of your back/spine and it also stays cool because it has a corrugated piece of foam to keep it off your back enough to stay cool. The Talon 22 bag also has a whistle on it so you can scare the pants off those pedestrians that don't want to move over on the bike path. :-)


So just keep these awesome bags in the back of your mind when you're in the market. They are light, comfy and a little different from what everyone else is using!
Later

1 comment:

CrummyMTB said...

nice words, how do you keep your feet dry this time of year?


Daves shop

Daves shop
Big thanks to Pedal Pwr for their support