Saturday, January 17, 2009

Friday Ride

During the week i decided that i would ride from Brisbane back to the Sunshine coast. I had no expectations of doing any Records but because i didnt have a lift up the coast on Friday arvo it was a good excuse to get on the bike and ride. I had most of the guys at work calling me an idiot crazy and so on but this only made me want to do it more. At 12 o'clock i got on my bike and headed for the boondal wetland bike paths. By the first Km i was roasting, it was a cool 34 degrees and with a good 4hrs or so on the bike it was going to be hot.

My plan was to stay away from the Highway so i headed straight up to Redcliff then on to Anzac Av and then got onto Deception bay rd over the Bruce Highway onto Old Gympie rd then started heading North. I rode along Morayfield rd onto Beerburrum rd then onto Steve Irwin way. I ended up at the Ettamoga Pub in just after 4hr and 30 mins and 120 km under the belt , not bad considering i was riding into a head wind most of the time.


A bit more exciting news i picked up a sponsorship with Hammer Nutrition. [Epic]

No comments:


Daves shop

Daves shop
Big thanks to Pedal Pwr for their support